TRIOS 4 combines our superior scanning technology with groundbreaking caries detection aid technology for both surface and interproximal caries.
MOST POWERFUL INTRAORAL SCANNER TO DATE
The most powerful 3Shape intraoral scanner to date is here with a powerful 8D imaging system. The TRIOS 4 now has the power to detect surface caries with fluorescent scans and interproximal caries with infrared scan – with no radiation. What’s more instant heat smart tips ensure you always scan ready in less than 40 seconds, giving an additional 30% battery life and ability to scan 2/3 times as many patients per battery.
- Caries Diagnostic aid built in – NEW for TRIOS 4 – Detect surface caries with fluorescent scans and interproximal caries with infrared scan – with no radiation.
- Smart tips – be scan ready in seconds – NEW for TRIOS 4 – Instant heat smart tips, so you always scan prepared in less than 40 seconds, giving an additional 30% battery life and ability to scan 2/3 times as many patients per battery.
- TRIOS patient monitoring for preventive insights – NEW for TRIOS 4 – Scan every patient every time to accurately track changes in teeth and identify dental conditions sooner. Share visual monitoring information with patients to advance their understanding of issues and the need for treatment.
- AI scan technology for simplified scanning – Removes unnecessary soft tissue as you can to make scanning easier.
- Wireless innovation for enhanced comfort and ease – The world’s first wireless scanner option enables you to scan unrestricted by wires, optimizing comfort for both you and your patients, and making scanning more comfortable.
- Realistic colors and shade measurement for patient engagement – Create high-quality digital impressions in lifelike colors and apply shade measurement to evaluate the treatment and activate quality dialogue with patients.
- TRIOS Patient Specific Motion to perfect your restorations – Record a series of different bite positions and highlight occlusal contacts for more significant insights into case possibilities.
ENABLE PREVENTIVE CARE WITH TRIOS 4
Take your dentistry beyond treatment
Our intraoral scanning solutions allow you to take your dentistry beyond. The new 3Shape TRIOS 4 combines our established superior scanning technology with groundbreaking caries diagnostic aid technology* for both surface and interproximal caries. No additional scanning device needed.
CARIES DIAGNOSTIC AID
TRIOS 4 has built-in fluorescent technology that aids in the identification of possible caries. Using TRIOS 4, dental professionals can now be aided in the early-detection of surface caries, without the need for an additional scanning device.
TRIOS 4 will also feature a dedicated transillumination smart tip later this year. The smart tip will aid in the identification of possible interproximal caries undetectable to the eye, without emitting radiation, and is the first launch within 3Shape’s new smart tip platform
The new generation of TRIOS smart tips features instant-heat technology for optimized scanning.
- Be scan-ready in seconds with instant-heat technology.
- Scan 2-3 times as many patients with instant-heat in combination with 30% more battery life.
- Optimal scanning due to automatic use counter and tip-change alert.
- The wireless model of the scanner can be plugged in and used if the battery runs out, which is a smart design choice.
- The TRIOS MOVE has also seen minor improvement in that the screen size is now larger.
TRIOS is the only scanner with a completely wireless option. Although we have heard many times from other reps that this can cause connectivity issues and problems with scanning, this was never the case. The wireless scanner works without any effect at all, and it is a great option to have.
Improvements to the Dental Desktop user interface and overall optimization of the software. The whole workflow is more intuitive and flows a lot better. The navigation of all aspects of the software using only the scanner ‘wand navigation’ is also a great feature.
The TRIOS software has also seen significant improvements to its scope, including Clear Aligners, Dentures, Sleep appliances, and splints. The software works well for the most part but is still having some issues with stability, causing the occasional crash or file corruption.