Kerr Demi Plus Light Curing System is a visible LED light-curing unit intended for the polymerization of light-cured materials. It is powered by Demetron Technology and has a high-performance thermoplastic polyester resin exterior. The Demi Plus is cordless and designed to be lightweight, yet durable, chemical resistant, impact-resistant, and able to withstand extreme temperatures.
The Kerr Demi Plus is a Light Emitting Diode curing light that incorporates a breakthrough in light curing technology – Periodic Level Shifting (PLS). Thanks to the new PLS technology, the Demi intermittently shifts output intensity from an impressive base of 1100 mW/cm2 to a peak of 1330 mW/cm2. This enables the Demi Plus to deliver a 5-second cure for A3 or lighter shades. Demetron’s unique thermal control system ensures a cool, continuous high output without the risk of overheating intrapulpal tissue.
Why Choose Kerr Demi Plus
- Extended Light Guide. +28% longer reach. The 8mm Extended Turbo Light Guide enables better application with improved access for posterior procedures.
- Enhanced Body Design. The exterior is made of Valox resin, a high-performance plastic that will protect and extend the life of your unit.
- Longer Warranty. Kerr’s three-year warranty ensures you get the most value from your premium investment.
- Advanced Battery Design. The self-cleaning “cap and swipe” battery simplifies charging. The positive contact charger on this cordless curing light guarantees a snug fit between the contacts on the handpiece and the charger base, allowing you to get the most out of every charge.
- Powerful LED polymerization lamp with PLS (Periodic Level Shifting) technology
- Higher polymerization capacity and shorter polymerization times (5 seconds for A3 and light shades)
- Demetron‘s temperature control system ensures a continuous cold output without the risk of heating up the pulp.
- Its design is wireless and ergonomic.
- You can adjust the time to 5, 10, and 20 seconds.
- It has timer mode memory.
- It does not decrease the intensity
- It has a 1 lithium-ion battery included.
- It allows you to perform 500 5-second activations with the battery fully charged.
- You will find an 8 mm curved light guide included which makes possible the application in posterior areas.
- Besides, it is compatible with all Demetron light guides from 2 mm to 13 mm.
- Manufactured with Valox resin on the outside, which consists of a high-performance plastic that protects and extends the lamp life span.
- The positive-contact charger of the lamp ensures a precise fit between the handpiece contacts and the charger base, allowing all charges to be used to their fullest extent.
- Operation status: Inactive, polymerization, sleep.
- Output wavelength range: 450-470 nm
- Variable range of intensity impulses from 1100 mW/cm2 to the maximum level of 1330 mW/cm2
- Hand piece dimensions: Length: 9.25 in. (23,5 cm); Width: 1.2 in. (2,9 cm).
- Charger dimensions: Length: 6.0 in. (16.0 cm); Width: 4.63 in. (11.1 cm) Unit weight: Hand piece and battery: 5.5 oz. (155 gr).
- Battery charger: 12.4 oz (352 gr.)
The manufacturer’s instructions were rated as good.
Handpiece Design and Ergonomics
This light is an ergonomic hybrid between a pen-style and a pistol-grip light. The slight angle in the handle allows a comfortable position to grasp the light and trigger the on/off button. Consultants liked the feel and grip of the handpiece. The buttons for the timer and the on/off switch are positioned close together, and it is possible to push the wrong one.
Ease of Use/Ease of Access in the Mouth
Ease of use and ease of access to the mouth were rated very good. The longer tip makes it easier to reach posterior teeth. The light guide rotates 180° for positioning from any angle.
Ability to Cure Materials
Consultants rated the ability to cure a variety of materials as excellent.
Patient comfort was rated very good with no reports of excessive heat.
Nearly all of the consultants reported that the audible tones every five seconds were too loud. An option for volume control was suggested.
Docking Station /Battery Life
Most consultants docked the light in the charging station between uses, and the battery never became fully discharged. The station contains two sockets for charging, and the light is stable when docked. Consultants rated the time required to charge the battery and the battery life as excellent.
Ease of Cleaning/Disinfection
The ease of cleaning and disinfection was rated very good to excellent. The manufacturer recommends disinfection by wiping with a product containing less than 20% alcohol.
Thirty-six percent of consultants reported that Kerr Demi Plus was better than their current light-curing unit and 46% reported that it was equivalent. Seventy-three percent would switch to Demi Plus LED Light Curing System and 91% would recommend it.
- 8 mm Turbo Extended Light Guide
- Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
- Battery Charger
- Power Supply and Protective Light Shield.
- Battery light-curing lamp