Tri Auto ZX2 is a new compact, the cordless motor with a built-in apex locator. Tri Auto ZX2 may be used for achieving apical patency and creating a glide path with the new Optimum Glide Path (OGP) function. Responsive, the handpiece allows subtle and delicate manipulation of the file, facilitating faster and safer treatment in even difficult cases involving constricted or extremely curved canals.
Proven OTR technology also helps to reduce the possibility of file jamming, breakage, and ledge formation. Depending on the file load, the motor alternates between forward and reverse rotation incrementally until the torsion is released and then resumes in the cutting direction.
The Tri Auto ZX2 comes with a variety of advanced features, including a built-in apex locator. Dr. Welk is able to use the apex locator as a standalone or while the file is inside the tooth, allowing him to determine the working length while he’s actually using the handpiece. There’s also an auto feature that allows for the auto start when the file is placed in the canal and auto stop when the file is approaching the end of the root canal.
Another feature, known as the Optimum Glide Path (OGP), makes it possible to use the apex locator to determine the pathway, Dr. Welk says. It has a forward and reverses rotation that mimics watch winding and balanced force motions, allowing him to navigate the canal path as if he were using the hand file.
Tri Auto ZX2 Features & Benefits:
- Apical Control
- Observe the File Tip Position with the Apex Locator Function
- Improved safety thanks to innovative functions:
- Apical patency plays an important role in the endodontic preparation of a root canal. This procedure formerly required tremendous dexterity and sensitivity with a manual file. With Tri Auto ZX2, this process can now be carried out mechanically – easily and safely. Responsive, the handpiece allows subtle and delicate manipulation of the file, corresponding to the movements of an experienced dentist’s hand. Rotary files are even as small as size #10 may be used.
- Flexible, light, and intuitive to operate for comfortable treatment
- The handpiece only weighs 140 grams and ensures a well-balanced distribution of weight in the practitioner’s hand. This is a guarantee for pleasant treatment and relaxes hand and finger muscles. In addition to this, there is no interfering cable that could interrupt the treatment process.
- The LCD display is ideal for both left- and right-handed practitioners. Depending on requirements, the user can turn the display on the handpiece until it is in the perfect position to be seen. In this way, the practitioner is informed at all times of the position of the file in the canal, as well as all the respective parameters. Additionally, Tri Auto ZX2 offers the possibility of programming the parameters for an efficient treatment process.
- Efficient treatment with an optimal view into the root canal
- The apex locator integrated into the handpiece provides exact measurement results irrespective of rinsing fluids in the root canal. On the color display, the practitioner can see the distance of the file from the apex. Monitoring is also carried out by acoustic signals.
- Easy application – short treatment period
- As all preparation stages are carried out mechanically, the practitioner can save a great deal of time. Eight pre-set programs of relevant parameters are stored to ensure short treatment sequences. Depending on requirements, speeds of between 100 and 1,000 rpm are available in the settings.
- Small instrument head
- With the small instrument head of the Tri Auto ZX2, the practitioner has a direct view of the preparation area at all times. The internal file electrode acts as a backup here by optimizing vision and enabling a greater working length.
- 1 – Year Warranty
A Motor for Apical Patency, Glide Path, and Shaping
Tri Auto ZX2 is a compact, cordless motor with a built-in apex locator. It can be used for obtaining apical patency and creating a glide path using rotary instrumentation. Rotary files even as Small as #10 may be used for these procedures. Responsive, the handpiece allows subtle and delicate manipulation of the file, corresponding to the movements of an experienced dentist’s hand. Tri Auto ZX2 also offers a safe and efficient method for canal shaping.
Apical Patency and Glide Path Using a Motor OGP Function (Optimum Glide Path)
Using #20 or smaller files, the motor can be used to achieve apical patency and create a glide path. It reproduces the subtle and delicate finger movements of an experienced dentist.
Even curved or constricted canals can be treated faster and more safely. Both NiTi files sized #20 or smaller, or stainless steel files sized #15 or smaller may be used.
Safer and Efficient Canal Shaping OTR Function (Optimum Torque Reverse)
Depending on the load on the file, the motor alternates between forward and reverse rotation with great sensitivity to prevent jamming and file breakage. It is also superior in its ability to follow the shape of even curved canals to reduce ledges and perforation. Tri Auto ZX2 is compatible with standard NiTi files – no need to purchase specialty files.
How does it work?
The cordless endodontic Tri Auto ZX2 engine integrated with apex locator Morita is one of the most innovative endodontic systems in the market. In fact, it is the only one that combines both functions in a single handpiece.
Although its operation is very simple and intuitive, it is always more practical to watch a video demonstration than to read an instruction manual. To fulfill that “a picture is worth a thousand words” we share a video made by the German doctor Sebastian Biedel, subtitled in Spanish, in which he presents and explains how the Tri Auto ZX2 works.
- Motor handpiece
- Contra angle
- Internal file electrode (pre-installed in contra angle)
- Guide bur
- Battery charger
- AC adapter
- Power plugs (1 each of 4 types)
- Probe cord
- File holder
- Contrary electrodes (3)
- Handpiece protective sleeves (30)
- Spray nozzle
- LS oil
- Handpiece holder
- Long file holder (autoclavable)
- External file electrode (with cap)
- Contrary Electrodes Root Zx
- File Holder Grey Root Zx
- Probe Cord Ce Type
- Nickel Cadmium Battery