KaVo IXS intraoral X-ray sensors come to fruition after years of product development and customer feedback. “We incorporated the successes from our line of Gendex sensors and added customer-requested enhancements,” said Jordan Reiss, Director of Product Management, KaVo Imaging, North America. “We are proud that the new KaVo IXS sensors are more durable, automated, and reliable than many other sensor options available today.”
KaVo IXS offers exceptional image quality and superior durability. Discover improved contrast, less noise, and greater dose flexibility for a better clinician and patient experience.
Plus, KaVo IXS imaging is three times more resistant to damage or functional failure than Gendex GXS-700 and provides double the bite force without cosmetic damage.
KaVo IXS size 1 and size 2 sensors feature KaVoTough™ engineering in both the sensor and the cable which were thoroughly tested to surpass Gendex GXS-700 sensors in both strength and durability*:
- KaVo IXS sensors are 3 times more resistant to damage or functional failure than GXS-700
- KaVo IXS can withstand double the biteforce without cosmetic damage than GXS-700
- The KaVo IXS cable can withstand over 240,000 bend cycles
- The KaVo IXS cable can also withstand 22 lbs. of force without functional failure
Imaging solution for patient-centric practices
Like Gendex GXS-700, KaVo IXS sensors have open architecture software capabilities. Seamlessly integrate KaVo IXS, without the need for a bridge or any additional modules, into the most popular imaging and practice management software, such as DTX™ Studio, DEXIS™, VixWin™, Cliniview™, Dentrix Ascend, Eaglesoft® Advanced Imaging, and Apteryx.
KaVo IXS also includes automatic software updates, direct-download calibration files inside the sensor, and IoT capabilities for proactive sensor health monitoring.
With exceptional image quality, two ergonomically designed sizes, and a no-questions-asked, unconditional replacement warranty, KaVo IXS is guaranteed quality.
The new KaVo IXS digital intraoral X-ray sensors are the dependable imaging solution for patient-minded practices. Backed by a long-standing commitment to quality, KaVo IXS sensors are engineered at the highest standards for product testing, integrity, and reliability.
Clinicians can experience the following benefits when choosing KaVo IXS for their practice*:
- KaVoTough™ Durability
- KaVo IXS digital intraoral X-ray sensors work hard for you so you can focus on your patients. Featuring impact-resistant housing and industry-leading bite force, KaVo IXS is proven to withstand heavy physical use.
- KaVo SimplySmart™ Technology
- Packed with intuitive SimplySmart innovations, KaVo IXS makes reliable, durable sensor technology readily available and easy to use. With KaVo Connect technical support and KaVo Software Manager, maintaining and servicing your sensor has never been more seamless.
- KaVo RiteSize™ Design
- With two sensor sizes to choose from—size 1 and size 2— KaVo IXS is customizable to adult patients, children, patients with tori, and more.
New and Improved GENDEX
KaVo IXS sensors also surpass low-cost sensors in image clarity, sharpness, and detail—often at lower exposure settings. Delivering crisp, clear images, KaVo IXS helps you to provide confident, accurate diagnoses to your patients.
KaVo IXS also includes an unconditional warranty with all purchases. Covered by the KaVo Complete premium coverage tier during the first year of ownership, this unique warranty includes:
- No-charge, next-day replacements for performance issues — no questions asked
- Unlimited telephone and remote online technical assistance
- Automated software updates
- Online technical support
KaVo IXS size 1 and size 2 sensors feature KaVoTough engineering in both the sensor and the cable, which were tested to surpass Gendex GXS-700 sensors in both strength and durability, as compared to Gendez GXS-700 simulated testing data on file, according to the company. KaVo IXS also includes automatic software updates, direct-download calibration files inside the sensor, and IoT capabilities for proactive sensor health monitoring.
|Size 1 Sensor||Size 2 Sensor|
|Dimensions||1539 X 1026 px||1842 X 1324 px|
|Resolution||Theoretical: 25.6 lp/mm|
Visible: 20+ lp/mm
|Theoretical: 25.6 lp/mm|
Visible: 20+ lp/mm
|USB Port||USB 2.0 I USB 3.x||USB 2.0 I USB 3.x|
|Cable Length/ Diameter||3 m/3 mm||3 m/3 mm|
|Cabler Material||Kevlar Reinforced||Kevlar Reinforced|
|Driver||KaVo_lO-Sensor 1.5 or Higher||KaVo_lO-Sensor 1.5 or Higher|
|Sensor Technology||Enhanced CMOS (Csl Scintillator + Optical Fibers); (1026 x 1539)||Enhanced CMOS (Csl Scintillator + Optical Fibers); (1324 x 1842)|
|Mfg. Warranty||1 Year, Unconditional||1 Year, Unconditional|
|IoT Connectivity||Device Health Monitoring, Automatic SW Updates||Device Health Monitoring, Automatic SW Updates|
|Device Protection/ Safe Guards||Over Current, Over Voltage, Low Power||Over Current, Over Voltage, Low Power|