Radii Xpert is described as a smarter curing light that incorporates the latest in LED technology to deliver targeted, consistent light for optimally cured restorations.
Radii Xpert’s unique target assist technology enables you to correctly position the light and be confident of the angulation before curing. A light source must be held close and perpendicular to restoration to avoid incomplete polymerization. By activating the positioning light and releasing once over the tooth, you can be sure that curing only begins when the light is in position and restorations will receive a complete cure.
“Your curing light is vitally important to your dentistry and your practice. You need several things in a curing light. The Radii Xpert by SDI has all of those things. It gives you functionality and flexibility for everyday use.”
Dr Joshua Austin, DDS, MAGD. Dental Economics – United States – November 2020
Radii Xpert is ergonomic with a 360-degree rotatable head and slimline design that can be held in a pencil or pistol grip. Heat sink and pulse technology provide enhanced heat management to ensure patient safety and comfort.
Radii Xpert Key Features & Benefits:
- Unique target assists for precision curing — There are many factors that must be considered when light-curing to ensure the quality and durability of the restoration. The operator technique is critical and a light source must be held close and perpendicular to restoration to avoid incomplete polymerization1. Radii Xpert’s unique target assist technology enables the correct positioning of light at the right angulation before curing. By activating the positioning light and releasing once over the tooth, curing only begins when the light is in position and the restoration receives a complete cure. Where many other curing lights compensate for poor operator technique, target assist continually improves it.
- Optimally Collimated Beam — Radii Xpert is the ideal choice for restorations of all sizes, including bulk fill restorations that require a deep cure. The collimated beam ensures light intensity is maintained on the restoration being cured. Achieve a predictable cure, every time with Radii Xpert.
- Consistent Light Intensity — Radii Xpert has better performance due to the light intensity remaining consistent over clinically relevant distances. The consistent intensity ensures the light will penetrate the underlying restorative with limited drop-off, giving you the confidence of a full cure to the depth of a restoration.
- Smart Technology for Ease of Use — Efficiency and productivity go hand in hand. Smart technology incorporated into the Radii Xpert improves the efficiency of a dental appointment. An LCD display with a countdown timer eliminates estimation and provides accuracy during a curing cycle. A favorite curing setting can be saved and multi-colored status rings offer a visual display of curing mode, charge level, and attachment type. Interchangeable full arch bleaching, diagnostic and orthodontic attachments are available with the Radii Xpert.
- Ergonomically Well-Balanced Grip — Radii Xpert’s ergonomic design allows you to comfortably access all restoration sites. The 360-degree rotatable head enables restorations in all quadrants to be accessed easily. Radii Xpert has a well-balanced slimline design and can be held in a pencil or pistol grip, minimizing hand and arm fatigue.
- Cures All Composites — Radii Xpert will cure all commercially available composites without the need for a poly wave light. The light intensity of 1500 mW/cm2* over a 4-mm aperture covers a wavelength range between 440 nm – 480 nm. Radii Xpert delivers the right spectral distribution without the need for extended wavelengths, giving you a reliable cure for all composites, including those with Camphorquinone and Ivocerin®~.
- Consistent Beam Profile — Restorations can be cured with the confidence of a uniform beam profile using Radii Xpert. The beam delivers an even energy distribution, with reduced hot and cold spot variation. The entire beam profile of a curing light is important to ensure restorations are cured evenly.
- Enhanced Heat Management — Restorations can be cured safely with Radii Xpert. Heat sink technology is incorporated to reduce the amount of heat emission. Enhanced heat management prevents damage to the pulp tissue that can be caused by excess heat3. You can conveniently cure multiple restorations without the risk of overheating the unit. The absence of excess heat also helps to maintain the life of the LED.
- Pulse Technology — Radii Xpert uses a combination of pulse technology and steady current to further reduce the heat emitted onto the tooth. With multiple pulses per second, light output is maintained on the restoration being cured, without the risk of overheating.
- Base with Intensity Indicator — Radii Xpert’s built-in intensity indicator allows light intensity to be monitored easily, without the need to purchase an additional handheld meter to assess relative change in output. Routine evaluation of a curing light is important for optimal operation2.
- Rotatable Head — Radii Xpert’s 360-degree rotatable head enables restorations in all quadrants to be accessed with ease.
- Interchangeable Attachments — Radii Xpert offers versatility with the availability of full arch bleaching, diagnostic and orthodontic attachments.
- Slimline Design — Radii Xpert’s slimline design enables easy access to the posterior region of the mouth. This is particularly beneficial when treating children.
- Lightweight — Weighing 185 g, Radii Xpert is lightweight and minimizes hand and arm fatigue.
- Heat Sink Technology — Multiple restorations can be cured safely due to the heat absorption properties of the heat sink. Heat sink technology directs heat away from the LED, without the need for a cooling fan.
- Pulse Technology — Radii Xpert can generate a high light output without excess heat by using a combination of pulse technology and steady current.
- Recharging — Achieve 900 x 10-second cures with Radii Xpert before the need to recharge. This equates to a convenient 2-hour 30-minute runtime.
- Easy to Clean — Radii Xpert has smooth surfaces and comes with a perfectly fitted barrier sleeve to prevent cross-contamination.
- Durable — Radii Xpert is constructed with high-strength polymer for durability.
- Cordless — Radii Xpert is a cordless unit allowing complete freedom of movement.
An optimally collimated beam ensures Radii Xpert’s light intensity is maintained on the restoration being cured. The light intensity remains consistent over clinically relevant distances for better performance, according to SDI. The 1,500 mW/cm2 light intensity over a 4-mm aperture and wavelength of 440 nm – 480 nm, reliably cures all composites without the need for extended wavelengths. The quality LED produces a homogenous beam profile with reduced hot and cold spot variation. A built-in intensity indicator enables routine evaluation of intensity.
Smart technology includes an LCD display, countdown timer, and the ability to save a favorite setting. Multi-colored status rings display curing mode, charge level, and attachment type with full arch bleaching, diagnostic and orthodontic attachments available.
Radii Xpert Lamp interchangeable accessories:
Radii Xpert offers great versatility, unifying a multitude of different treatments with a single device.
- Diagnostic Head: transforms into a white light examination lamp, with light intensities designed for visualization and diagnosis of fractures, cracks, calculus, caries, the opening of canals in endodontics, non-vital teeth.
- Orthodontic Head: for application in brackets and other special orthodontic elements.
- Whitening arches: an alternative to heavy and cumbersome whitening lamps, improving functionality for the patient without losing power or performance.
Technical Specifications of the Radii Xpert Lamp:
- Wavelength: 440 nm – 480 nm
- Light intensity: 1500 mW/cm2* (+ 5 %, – 15 %)
- Maximum trigger duration: 20 seconds
- Battery charging time(general use): 60-180 minutes
- Full Battery Charge Time: 3-5 hours
- Battery Capacity: 1 x 3.7 V 2600 mAh
- Multi-region Connection Pack: AC input: 100 – 240 V ~ 1.0 A, 50 – 60 Hz DC output: 12 V, 1.5 A & 15 W Max
- Working temperature: 10ºC – 40ºC / 50ºF – 104ºF
- Weight: 185 grams
- Overall length with base: 290 mm
- 1 x Radii Xpert handpiece
- DIAGNOSTIC LED ATTACHMENT
- 1 x charger
- 1 x adaptor for multiple regions
- 5 x small light eye shield
- 1 x large light eye shield
- 3 x lens protector refills
- 100 x protective sleeves