CamX Spectra is a non-invasive caries detection aid that helps eliminate the guesswork in detecting and diagnosing tooth decay and enhances case acceptance through better patient education.
CamX Spectra Caries Detection Aid is the only caries detection aid that uses fluorescence technology to visualize and discover caries earlier, as well as plaque and calculus.
ELIMINATE THE GUESSWORK
- CamX Spectra uses fluorescence to detect caries in fissures and smooth surfaces that may go unnoticed in X-ray images
- 4 Violet LEDs stimulate metabolic products found in cariogenic bacteria, causing them to glow red while healthy enamel glows green
- Detects decay hidden between the margins of existing composite and amalgam restorations
- Put down the explorer, which has very low sensitivity for caries detection and provides virtually no diagnostic feedback. Moreover, explorers can actually cause damage by breaking enamel rods and causing iatrogenic cavitation when forced into an incipient carious lesion
- Repeatable and reliable documentation for monitoring progress of caries due to the 8mm spacer
MOTIVATE PATIENTS TO SAY YES: PATIENT CASE ACCEPTANCE AND CASE MANAGEMENT
- Spectra’s Doppler radar-like images are easily understood and allow you to clearly show your patients how early intervention helps them
- Early detection means pinpointing problems at an earlier stage, which traditionally go undetected. This leads to more conservation and less excavation
- Spectra guides you through the caries removal process from the pre-to-post procedure, ensuring that all carious dentin has been removed
- Store and compare images over time to track the effectiveness of your treatment
DETECT & TREAT CARIES EARLIER
- Caries and plaque filters in the imaging software show caries activity by means of a color scale and numeric evaluation – exclusive technology only available with CamX Spectra
- Healthy enamel appears green while various regions will appear in either blue, red, orange or yellow
- A numerical indicator will display between 0 and 5 indicating the extent of the decay
- Caries Detection images reimbursement is recognized more and more by insurance companies. Use these three NEW CDT codes, available and related to Caries Risk Assessment and Documentation for Low, Moderate, and High Risk: D0601, D0602 and D0603.
The award-winning Camx Spectra is the only caries detection aid providing both color and numerical indications of the extent of the decay.
CamX Spectra Caries Detection Aid Package Includes:
- Spectra Handpiece
- 20 Camera Sheaths
- 5 Positioning Spacers
- 1 USB Umbilical
- 1 Chair Side Handpiece Holder
- Cleaning Cloth