The Easy Entry into Digital Dentistry Medit i500
Medit i500 Intraoral Scanner is the perfect intraoral scanner for a jump-start to digital dentistry, exemplifies three qualities: Value, Efficiency, and Productivity.
Digital dentistry begins with an intraoral scanner. Medit i500 is the ideal entry point for digital dentistry because it is fast, accurate, and affordable.
How accurate is the Medit i500?
* Trueness: the closeness between the average of several measurements of the same sample and the reference value
** Precision: the closeness between independent test values
- Accuracy test in vitro was conducted by Yonsei University College of Dentistry according to the methods in “Accuracy comparison analysis on scan data of single tooth, quadrant, and full arch between two types of an intraoral scanner, i500 and Trios 3” by Ji-Man Park, 19 December 2018.
- The accuracy test in vivo was conducted by Medit.
What are the unique features and benefits of the Medit i500 scanner?
The Medit i500 has several unique features as an intraoral scanner and offers various benefits to users:
- The i500 uses triangulation technology to acquire 3D images. As such, unlike confocal microscopy that are used by most intraoral scanners, the i500 does not have any other moving parts except for the fan.
- The intelligent scan-detecting algorithm coupled with two high-speed cameras enables the i500 to acquire 3D images quickly and efficiently.
- The small tip allows the user to maneuver the scanner in a way minimizing the patient’s discomfort.
- Color texture: The user can inspect scanned data in detail by using the texture mode.
- The iScan program, an image acquisition program, seamlessly works with Medit Link so that the collaboration between clinic and lab or internal staff can be improved.
Medit i500 Intraoral Scanner:
- Anticipated delivery days: 7-10
- Three-year manufacturer warranty
- Includes the first-year subscription to CAD-Ray Software (powered by Exocad) $4500 value. You can opt-out after year one or renew. See this link for more details about the software
- Exocad software requires a $1500 yearly renewal subscription fee, which includes all updates. Design software renewal is optional
- Includes Membership to CAD-Ray.com ($500 Value)
- TWO-day hands-on training at our downtown Los Angeles facility or Baltimore, MD facility ($2500 Value- valid for 12 months after purchase, non-transferable)
- Initial remote install and training session (2 hours)
- Instructional videos to get started right away
- Peer to peer online support
- Open STL, OBJ, PLY- not tethered to a license.
- Unlimited remote and phone support
- Satisfaction guarantee with the return policy
- 10% restocking fee within 45 days
- No restocking fee is remote training AND 2-day course is completed
Why Medit i500
We created the i500 scanner with a high Return On Investment in mind. The design and software allow for unparalleled performance at a very competitive price
The i500 uses an open CAD/CAM system, allowing you to export STL files out of Medit LINK and share it with your preferred lab, or to easily transfer files and track your progress throughout the entire workflow.
Using two high-speed cameras, the i500 scans quickly and efficiently. With its intelligent scan detecting algorithm, the i500 picks up where it left off for a smooth scanning experience.
The i500 does not require the use of powder for regular cases, making the scanning process more seamless and the experience more pleasant for the patient.
Scanning can be uncomfortable and tiring, especially if you’re using a heavy scanner. But we have eliminated that problem with the i500 scanner which is light in weight and easy to hold, making the process a comfortable one for you.
The small tip on the i500 is beneficial to both the user and the patient through simpler maneuverability and improved patient comfort.
Combined with its software, the i500 provides the user with high-resolution images to help determine the accuracy of the scan. Enhanced and highly realistic image quality allows you to distinguish between tooth structure and soft tissue, enabling you to easily locate margin lines and undercuts.
Single Crown : Trueness (Accuracy) = 4.2 μm(±0.49 μm)
Precision (Consistency) = 2.1 μm (±0.58 μm)
*Single crown accuracy test was conducted by Medit according to the methods in “evaluation of the Accuracy of Six Intraoral Scanning Devices: An in-vitro investigation. ADA Professional Review 2015”.
Scan and Stop Button
The single button of the i500 allows the user to start and stop the scan at any moment without having to reach for the computer. Press the button down once to start scanning, and another time to stop. When the scan is complete, hold it down to move to the next scanning stage.
Quadrants: ±50 μm / Full Arch ±100 μm
*The reference model for Quadrants and Full Arch accuracy was scanned with an industrial grade, highly accurate reference scanner Solutionix D700 (6.4 megapixels, Advanced Blue Light Technology for small object scanning).
There is no need to worry about choppy results with the i500 as it takes rapid video-based scans. The final image taken by the dual cameras is hence smoother and more accurate.
Our i500 scanner produces precise-colored scans that can distinguish between soft tissue, plaque, and teeth.
- Autoclavable Tips (8 per order)
- Medit i500 Calibration Tool
- Power Adapter and Cable
- i500 Intraoral Tips (Pkg of 4)
- Mobile Instrument Cart for Medit Scanners
- Medit USB 3.0 Cable
- Medit Power Adapter & Cable
- Medit Wall Mount Holder
- ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 15 Mobile Workstation Laptop, 15.6” UHD NanoEdge Bezel, Intel Core i7-9750H, 48GB DDR4, 2TB PCIe SSD, Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000, Windows 10 Pro, W500G5T-XS77, Star Grey